Monday, June 12, 2006

A-Mail: Pastor Michael

Dear Saints Of Andrew:
This is a special edition of A-MAIL, following up on the announcement made onSunday morning at St. Andrew’s, relative to Michael Patzloff’s pending relocation. Nancy and I first learned of this on Friday evening, via e-communication. (We are in fact still on the road; tonight in Ogallala.) From everything I’ve been able to gather in various e-correspondence, it sounds as if Michael is being offered a fine opportunity. A little context: If I have this straight, the senior pastor at First United Methodist in Lincoln, Ed Bonneau, is moving to serve a congregation in Arizona. Rev. Larry Moffet, currently serving Hanscom Park in Omaha, is being appointed to First in Lincoln. Michael will be following Larry. The chain of events would indicate to me that Michael’s faithful work at St. Andrew’s has been recognized, and he is being asked to give leadership in what sounds like a very interesting ministry situation. I’ll get out of the way now, and let Michael tell you himself. See you Sunday with “The Da Vinci Sermon.”
BRD

Dear St. Andrew’s,
I have some bittersweet news to share with you. I have accepted an appointmentat another United Methodist Church here in Omaha.I will be the pastor at Hanscom Park United Methodist Church. I know this may shock some of you because it was announced two Sundays ago that I was re-appointed here at St. Andrew's. I will begin my appointment sometime in early August.It is important that you know I made this decision based on many things but it was not an easy decision to make. We have been through much together these past four years. I thank you for your patience, understanding, and support and for the privilege of ministering to your children and the youth of St. Andrew’s. The youth of St. Andrew’s will always hold a special place in my heart. I will do all in my power to make all the necessary arrangements to provide for a smooth transition for the fall. There will be meetings schedule with me and all youth and parents of each age group in the near future so we can talk aboutwhat the fall will look like in transition and all summer events will continue as scheduled. If you have any questions or just want to talk feel free to call me at the office or on my cell.
Peace, Pastor Michael