Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sump Pump

SUNDAY, JULY 1, 2007
8:00, 9:15 & 10:45
Bruce is preaching: ”GETTYSBURG”
Scheduled music will include: America The Beautiful, This Land Is Your Land, Ashokan Farewell, Battle Hymn Of The Republic, When Johnny Comes Marching Home, God Bless America. WE INVITE YOU TO WEAR RED, WHITE & BLUE
*
Vacation Bible School Celebration Sunday was a huge success. Cami reports we had 1,236 people in the various worship services. Of course, the huge chunk of those were in the 9:15 service. I appreciated those of you who moved down toward the front at 10:45. It really does help with the dynamics of that service in the summertime.
*
I would also add, we had a terrific turnout for Sunday evening’s PIZZA WITH THE PASTORS. Our next PWP is scheduled for the second Sunday in August—that’s the 12th--5:00-6:30. This event is designed for people interesting in learning more about St. Andrew’s. Each session includes an invitation to membership. Sign up for the next PWP at the Hospitality Desk in the Rotunda or via return e-mail.
*
I had a rough night last night. Our possessed sump pump went to screeching in the wee hours of the morning. I did what I know to do with a sump pump, but every time I thought I was going to get back to sleep, the screeching started again. Now that night has turned to day, I get to thinking of some of our readers, who may have had babies crying through the night, or couldn’t sleep because of family issues, or financial worries. I can call a fix-it man to work on this sump pump, whatever keeps you up at night may be harder to fix. Have you tried prayer? It can be a very present help in time of anxiety. For that matter, don’t be bashful about talking to someone at the church. We may not be able to fix it, but perhaps we can help you cope.
*
20-30 SOMETHING COUPLES EVENT: Dine and dance the night away to the Confidentials, Friday, July 13th at Prestige Bistro on 168th & Pacific. 7:30 p.m. dinner and 9:00 p.m. dancing. RSVP by Sunday, July 8th to Jamie S. View Prestige Bistro at www.prestrigeworldclass.com.
*
PASTOR NANCY INQUIRES: Can I find someone to loan me a copy of “The Prince of Egypt” on DVD for Sunday School this week?
*
Katie and Walker Z. write: Please ask prayers for our friends Jen and Steve A. and their families at this time. Their precious daughter is fighting for her life. (The family has created a web site: ameliaallen.wordpress.com)
*
PASTOR CHARLOTTE asks: Prayers for Sharon R., who has a very rare cancer; preparing for surgery and experiencing unexplained numbness on the right side of her face (friend of Deb N.). Prayers for an 8 year old girl who just learned she has cancer (a friend of Kate). Prayers for Amanda and others on a mission trip to Trinidad; left June 25th and will return July 9th (friend of the Coleman family).
*
PSALM 119:73-77, “Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. I know, O Lord, that your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness you have humbled me. Let your steadfast love become my comfort according to your promise to your servant. Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight.”
*
BRD