Friday, May 04, 2007

SNL

This is going to be a memorable weekend. I’ve got a wedding rehearsal tonight, followed by opening night of Sabbath Night Live; a wedding tomorrow night, followed by closing night of Sabbath Night Live. SNL is going to be terrific; I just hope I can remember my lines. Then, of course, we have SABBATH MORNING LIVE. I’ve enjoyed working with “O Be Careful.” I like this sermon a lot. We’ll be debuting a new arrangement of the old song at the end of the 9:15 & 10:45 services. Please know your presence in our worship will be a blessing to all who are there.
*
Speaking of “O Be Careful,” my St. Louis Cardinals have been rocked by the untimely death of one of their relief pitchers. While the toxicology reports are not yet back, the St. Louis media seems certain that alcohol was a contributing factor. Life is perilous enough when we’re sober, friends. Be careful.
*
BOB DAVIS writes:
On May 20th the Senior High will be hosting a Pie Social fundraiser for the 2007 mission trip. Pies will be for sale (to go) by the slice or the whole pie in the Rotunda. We will also offer pie, coffee, and ice cream in the Family Life Center. We will need several HOMEMADE pies. If you are interested in donating one of your pies to the senior high fundraiser please e-mail Bob. Thank you!
*
Looking at prices at the pump, I thought maybe I’d missed a hurricane or terrorist attack. So I Googled “Gasoline Prices,” and came upon an interesting article by Reuters News Service, “Who’s Driving Up Gasoline Prices?” posted yesterday in the Canada.com Financial Post. I thought it was interesting; you might, too.
*
The Men’s Softball Teams are scheduled to play on Sunday evening, 8:00, Kelly Fields #3 & 4. The Co-Ed Team has an 8:30 start on Monday evening, Kelly Field #5. The Kelly Fields are at 122nd and Fort.
*
Pastor Charlotte asks: Prayers for Sheila B., recovering from a broken heel. Prayers of sympathy for the family and friends of Pearl O., in her recent passing (friend of Pastor Charlotte). Prayers for Willis B., hospitalized with a broken hip, due to a fall (father of Susan B.).
*
Psalm 119:97-105: I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn away from your rules, for you have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your principals I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path.
*
BRD