Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Song of Hannah

THIS SUNDAY MOTHER’S DAY
Nancy preaching, “THE SONG OF HANNAH”
*
Even as Nancy is getting ready for Mother’s Day, I’m excited about “#42: The Faith Of Jackie Robinson.” I’ll be incorporating material from a Robinson biography I read a couple of years ago; I’d forgotten how compelling the material is, particularly regarding the faith Robinson received from his mother through the Black Church experience and the guiding hand of a young pastor named Karl Downs.
*
I know the St. Andrew’s web site (www.standrewsomaha.net) gets quite a bit of traffic. How come, then, when I plug OMAHA UNITED METHODIST CHURCHES into my search engine, we show up so far down the list? I thought “hits” had something to do with it. Any ideas?
*
BOB DAVIS writes: 5th and 6th grade summer Sunday school teachers needed for June, July, and August. Please e-mail Bob to help. (His email is located on the main church site under staff.)
*
From DIANA F.:
BIBLE 101: This study will provide you with a simple, practical guide to using the Bible by helping you learn how to locate references, find information on topics of interest, and help you begin a productive personal Bible study plan. Diana will facilitate this study beginning June 5th for four weeks at 7 p.m.
TWO BETH MOORE STUDIES THIS SUMMER: An evening Beth Moore Study will be offered on Wednesday evenings beginning June 6 at 7 p.m. Julie T. will facilitate the study Living Beyond Yourself: Fruit of the Spirit. A daytime class will be offered on Wednesday mornings at 9:30. Gloria B. will be facilitating the study Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy. Contact Diana to register for either of these classes.
SINGLES AND FINANCE: Shawn Macken, a Financial Advisor from Waddell & Reed, will be presenting to the St. Andrew’s Singles on Tuesday May 29th at 7:00 pm. Shawn will be sharing information concerning budgeting, debt management, retirement planning, and the psychology of spending.
*
PASTOR CHARLOTT asks: Prayers of sympathy for the family of Wade K., in his recent passing (Gary K.’s father). Prayers for Teagan H., preparing for eye surgery on May 15th (grandson of Diana and Harlan F.).
*
Isaiah 42:1-4, "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be crushed until he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his teaching."
*
BRD